Have you ever wanted to make your own movie? It’s easier than you think with Windows Movie Maker.
Checkout this video:
Windows Movie Maker is a free video editing software program that is part of the Windows Essentials suite. It is very basic, but it is easy to use and it is a great way to get started in video editing. In this guide, we will show you how to create a movie in Windows Movie Maker.
Step 1: Choose your video clips
To add clips, first choose the location where they are saved on your computer. You can add several different types of video clip files, including .avi, .wmv, and .mpeg files. If you want to add a picture to your movie, choose the “Pictures” option.
To add a sound file, such as an .mp3 file, choose the “Music” option. You can also record your own narration by choosing the “Record Audio” option.
Once you’ve chosen the location of your video clips and pictures, select the clips or pictures that you want to add to your movie. To select multiple clips or pictures, hold down the CTRL key while you click each one.
Step 2: Add your video clips to the timeline
Now that you’ve got your video clips stored on your computer, it’s time to add them to the timeline in Windows Movie Maker. Click on the “Home” tab at the top of the window, then click on “Add videos and photos” in the “Add” group.
Browse to where your video clips are stored on your computer, select them, and click “Open.” Your video clips will now appear in the “Project” pane at the bottom of the window. To add a video clip to your timeline, simply drag it from the “Project” pane to the appropriate spot on the timeline.
Step 3: Arrange your video clips
Now that you’ve gathered all of your video clips, it’s time to start arranging them in Windows Movie Maker. To do this, simply drag and drop each clip from the left-hand panel into the main workspace. You can rearrange them at any time by clicking and dragging on a particular clip.
If you want to add text or music to your video, you can do so by clicking on the “Text” or “Music” buttons in the top toolbar. This will open up a new panel where you can browse for files on your computer. Once you’ve found the file you want to use, simply click “Open” and it will be added to your project.
When you’re happy with the arrangement of your video clips, click on the “Play” button in the top toolbar to preview your movie. If everything looks good, you’re ready to move on to Step 4!
Step 4: Add transitions between your video clips
In Windows Movie Maker, you can add transitions between your video clips to smooth out the transition from one clip to another. Transitions can be applied to one or more video clips at a time, or you can select all the video clips in your project and add a transition to all of them at once.
To add a transition:
1. Click the video clip that you want to apply a transition to.
2. Click the “Animations” tab.
3. In the “Transitions” group, click the transition that you want to apply.
4. To preview the transition, click the “Preview” button.
5. To change the duration of the transition, click the “Duration” drop-down menu and select the desired duration.
6. To apply the transition, click the “Apply” button.
To add titles, captions, or credits to your movie, follow these steps:
1. In the Collections pane, click the Titles, Captions, and Credits button.
2. Select the title, caption, or credit that you want to add to your movie.
3. Drag the title, caption, or credit from the Collections pane to the storyboard or timeline at the point where you want it to appear in your movie.
4. If necessary, use the controls in the Preview window to position and format the title, caption, or credit on your video.
5. When you are finished adding titles, captions, and credits to your movie, click Save in the upper-left corner of the window.
Step 6: Preview your movie
Now that you’ve added your photos, videos, and music to your movie project, it’s time to take a look at what you’ve created. Movies are typically between 2 and 10 minutes long, but there’s no rule that says your movie has to be a certain length. You may want to watch your entire movie from start to finish, or you may just want to check out individual scenes.
To preview your movie:
1. On the Home tab, in the Preview group, click Preview.
2. To move through your movie scene by scene, on the Preview tab, in the Playback group, click the Previous Scene or Next Scene button . To stop playback at any time and return to editing mode, click the Stop Preview button .
Step 7: Save your movie
Once you’re happy with your movie, it’s time to save it so you can share it with the world. To do this, click on the “File” tab in the upper-left corner of Windows Movie Maker. From here, select “Save movie” and choose the file type and quality you want for your movie.
Tips and Tricks
If you’re new to Windows Movie Maker, here are some tips and tricks to help you get started. With these tools, you can create a movie in minutes.
-To add text to your movie, select the “Text” tool and click on the “Add Text” button.
-To add music to your movie, select the “Music” tool and click on the “Add Music” button.
-To add a transition between two clips, select the “Transitions” tool and click on the “Add Transition” button.
-To add special effects to your movie, select the “Effects” tool and click on the “Add Effect” button.
We hope you enjoyed learning about how to create a movie in Windows Movie Maker. Now that you know the basics, you can start experimenting with all of the different features to see what you can create. Be sure to show off your finished product to your friends and family!